Academic and Experiential Education Coordinator
Sun 09 Apr
Closing Date: April 9, 2017
Organisation: Foundation for International Education (FIE)
Employment type: Full time, permanent
For details and to apply please visit: http://fie.org.uk/recruitmentAEEC2017
The Foundation for International Education (FIE) is an international educational organisation working in partnership with universities and colleges in the US to provide immersive study abroad programs for undergraduate students in London, Dublin, and Amman.
FIE is currently seeking qualified, enthusiastic and competent applicants for the following full-time, permanent position within the Academic and Experiential Education department.
Job Summary: A stimulating and rewarding role for professionals experienced in international education or student career counselling, this position is responsible for organising the placement of international undergraduate students into for-academic-credit, unpaid internship experience opportunities in London. An excellent and versatile communicator, the post holder liaises with students throughout the successes and challenges of their study abroad experience as well as London employers to build mutually beneficial partnerships and identify new opportunities.
Required skills & qualifications
• An undergraduate degree or equivalent
• Excellent organisational and administration skills with a high attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills to engage effectively across different groups of stakeholders
• The ability to prioritise a complex workload in a busy office
• Ability to handle difficult and complex situations
• Confident and outgoing personality with a positive attitude
• A strong command of written and spoken English and a high-quality telephone manner
• Excellent IT skills with a knowledge of MS Office package and databases
Desired skills & experience
• Previous personal experience of having studied and/or worked abroad
• An understanding of the international education sector, and preferably with some knowledge of the US Higher Education system
• Experience working with internship or work experience placements or in career services
• Experience advising or counselling students
• Strength in presenting in front of large groups of people
• A good working knowledge of London and its industries
The full job description and spec can be downloaded from: http://fie.org.uk/recruitmentAEEC2017
Please send your CV, the contact details of two referees, and a covering letter as attachments to Mr Patrick Gorman at email@example.com. In your covering letter, please include:
a) Where you saw this position advertised
b) What it is that interests you about this job opportunity
c) What skills, experience and knowledge you can offer to FIE in this capacity
d) How you would present the benefits of hosting an intern to a London-based company
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVERING LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Based on the UKVI Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers, this position most closely matches an SOC 2010 code skilled to NQF level 4. Therefore, it does not meet the current criteria for sponsorship of non-EEA and non-Swiss citizens under Tier 2 of the points-based system unless: the applicant is a Croatian national; or is currently in the UK under Tier 2 and has been since before the changes made on 14 June 2012 came into force; or is currently in the UK under an old immigration category that was replaced by Tier 2, such as work permit holders.
Application deadline: Sunday 9th April
Interviews: In London, during the week commencing 17th April
Preferred Start Date: 5th June 2017
FIE promotes equality of opportunity and diversity within the workplace and welcomes applications from all sections of the community
If items are locked please check that you are registered and signed in to ensure that you can see all parts of the site to which you have been given access.