Introduction to Guidance Interviewing
Wed 26 Apr
Thu 27 Apr
Who is it for?
Careers advisers who have little or no experience of guidance interviewing, or those who are new to HE. The course is intended as a starter course and will present an HE perspective on guidance work, including familiar models of practice, so it is equally useful to those with or without a QCG.
What will you get out of it?
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
• describe the skills that underpin our guidance practice;
• apply these skills to short and long interventions;
• analyse the role of structure in guidance interventions;
• identify theories underpinning career choice;
• feel more confident about their guidance skills and appreciate the importance
of continuing development
Here's what some previous participants had to say:
“Great mix of theory and practice. Knowledgeable and welcoming trainer. Good opportunities for networking. Great to get feedback on practice.”
“It directly addressed issues I was facing at work and gave me immediate support and actions to take to face those issues.”
“One of the best and most practically sound courses I have been on.”
Date(s) & Timing 26 Apr 2017 - 27 Apr 2017 (2 day event) Full Member price £470.00 Affiliate Member price £550.00 Conference Member price £630.00 Student Member price £705.00 Non-member price £785.00 Venue University of York, King's Manor Add to calendar Download event to my Outlook Calendar
Select 'Open' rather than 'Save' when prompted by your browser.
Further booking information
- Further booking information (42 KB)
National Course Booking Form
- National Course Booking Form (80 KB)
If items are locked please check that you are registered and signed in to ensure that you can see all parts of the site to which you have been given access.