Employability Advice, Warwick
Wed 29 Mar
Thu 30 Mar
This course is now FULL
This two day residential course is suitable for anyone involved in one-to-one advice work with clients, which relates to key areas of employability eg: job search, initial diagnostic work, work experience/placement advice, starting the career planning process and similar advice topics. The focus is on the effective use of advice to facilitate student progression through the job search process whilst instilling ownership and developing self-reliance. The training will be particularly useful to individuals who are new to advice work or who are moving into a student-facing role.
The course will be practical in its delivery involving participants in role play and videoed discussion with students. Over the duration of the training, participants will link to their own client and engage in a series of interactions including initial contract and CV/application review, so that there is a continuity of learning and a chance to build a relationship.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Define advice and describe the key aspects;
• Recognise where advice sits in relation to information, coaching and guidance;
• Describe relevant theories and models which underpin professional advice practice;
• Understand the skills necessary for effective advice and recognise their own level of competence;
• Apply this learning to a range of advice interactions and demonstrate appropriate skills;
• Value the contribution of advice to student career planning;
• Feel more confident in their one-to-one work with clients;
Here's what some previous participants had to say:
“I felt that the combination of the 3 trainers styles helped to keep the course fresh and as they were each passionate about different areas, they were able to keep the content interesting over both days. I also thought that the use of real students was very valuable”
“I gained an insight into the different elements in employability advice, structuring advice sessions and received feedback from both trainers and fellow course participants on how I deliver advice (through the practical sessions).”
“I personally throught the course was really enjoyable and was glad that I was one of the lucky AGCAS members to have got a place on this new course.”
Date(s) & Timing 29 Mar 2017 10:00 - 30 Mar 2017 (2 day event) 16:00 Full Member price £490.00 Affiliate Member price £570.00 Conference Member price £650.00 Student Member price £735.00 Non-member price £815.00 Venue Scarman, The University of Warwick Add to calendar Download event to my Outlook Calendar
Select 'Open' rather than 'Save' when prompted by your browser.
National Course Booking Form
- National Course Booking Form (80 KB)
Further booking information
- Further booking information (42 KB)
If items are locked please check that you are registered and signed in to ensure that you can see all parts of the site to which you have been given access.