Guidance Refresher, London
Wed 10 May
New National Course
This one day course is aimed at experienced guidance practitioners who wish to re-visit career theory and models and refresh their skills. The course will be interactive using case studies and exercises alongside presentation and will provide an opportunity to reflect on guidance practice and share strategies.
Who is it for?
Experienced careers advisers in HE who are involved in guidance discussions with clients and wish to refresh their knowledge and skills. This is not an introductory course, nor is it aimed at advice work. Please note: those looking at developing advanced skills may want to consider the Guidance Skills (Advanced) course, which can also be taken as part of the AGCAS/Warwick qualification.
What will you get out of it?
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- define current practice in the delivery of IAG and identify good practice
- describe and evaluate theories underpinning career choice and the various models for guidance practice
- review your own current interview practice
- define the ‘challenges’ which clients bring
- apply skills and strategies to these challenges
- identify developments in your guidance skills in one-to-one and one-to-many interventions
- feel more confident about your guidance skills and appreciate the importance f continuing development.
Date(s) & Timing 10 May 2017 10:30 16:00 Full Member price £155.00 Affiliate Member price £180.00 Conference Member price £210.00 Student Member price £235.00 Non-member price £260.00 Venue NCVO, London Add to calendar Download event to my Outlook Calendar
Select 'Open' rather than 'Save' when prompted by your browser.
National Course Booking Form
- National Course Booking Form (80 KB)
Further booking information
- Further booking information (42 KB)
If items are locked please check that you are registered and signed in to ensure that you can see all parts of the site to which you have been given access.