Phoenix is the AGCAS journal, produced three times a year. Publication dates are January/February, May/June and September/October. Digital Phoenix was launched in January 2013.
Each issue focuses on two or three specific themes. Regular content includes:
• features on the latest developments in the world of HE careers and employability;
• opinion pieces;
• recent careers-related research;
• The Secret Careers Adviser.
Latest issue: October 2014 (Themes: Globalisation; Structures and delivery models).
You can download a link to the latest issue from the digital archive below.
The October 2014 issue includes the following items:
• Supporting international students with careers provision - methods for high-quality support
• Internationalising UK employability models - sharing good practive overseas
• AGCAS's next top model? Forming employability identities
• Global learning on a massive scale - the careers MOOC
Next issue: February 2015
Author(s): Editor: Gemma Green, AGCAS Communications Manager; AGCAS Phoenix Editorial Group
Production date: 2014
How to obtain: An archive of digital and pre-digital issues is below (only available to AGCAS members who have registered with this site and signed in). A sample copy is also available below to non-members.
Communities: Yorkshire and Humberside, West Midlands, Wales, Teaching Professions, South West England, South England, South East England, Scotland, Research Staff, Research, Recruiters and Partners, Quality, Qualification, Psychometric Assessment, Postgraduate, North West England, North East England, London, Legal Subjects, Ireland, Internationalisation, ICT, Health and Medical Professions, Heads and Deputies, Graduate Labour Market, Enterprise, Employability, East Midlands, Diversity, Creative Industries, Careers Information, Careers Education, Careers Advice and Guidance, AGCAS
Audiences: Academics, Careers practitioners , Employers
Digital Phoenix downloads: January 2013 - latest version (AGCAS members only)
- Digital archive (Locked)
Pre-digital Phoenix archive downloads: September 2008 - October 2012 (AGCAS members only)
- Phoenix: Working with postgraduates (October 2012 - Issue 137) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Work experience (May 2012 - Issue 136) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Enterprise and Careers (January 2012 - Issue 135) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Widening Participation and Social Mobility (October 2011 - Issue 134) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Worldwide Careers (May 2011 - Issue 133) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Adapt and Survive (January 2011 - Issue 132) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Working with Graduates (September 2010 - Issue 131) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Collaborating with Academics (May 2010 - Issue 130) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Technology in Careers Work (January 2010 - Issue 129) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Graduates into Science (September 2009 - Issue 128) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Working with Employers (May 2009 - Issue 127) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Approaches to Guidance (January 2009 - Issue 126) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Creative Careers (September 2008 - Issue 125) (Locked)
Phoenix themes and issues archive (1977 - present day)
- Phoenix themes and issues (Locked)
Phoenix sample copy downloads (for non-members)
- Phoenix (May 2013 - Issue 139) (6.9 MB)
Phoenix production downloads
Advertising with AGCAS downloads
If items are locked please check that you are registered and signed in to ensure that you can see all parts of the site to which you have been given access.
Share this with
Quick Text Search
Search Resources A-Z
Top 20 tags
employer job AGCAS employability careers fair Sector University fair graduate labour market Scotland internships international students work experience graduate employment London enterprise agcas task group research skills careers guidance