Latest issue: October 2015 - Surviving and thriving through change
The October 2015 issue of Phoenix features articles drawing on both individual approaches and wider service strategies to responding to, dealing with, managing and surviving the process of change.
Careers and employability services are not immune to the many changes occurring as a result of a shifting HE landscape. How do careers and employability professionals, the experts in change management and transitions for others, respond to changes in their own working lives? How are service restructures and mergers managed? How do services react to the drivers of change?
Phoenix is the AGCAS journal, produced three times a year. Publication dates are January/February, May/June and September/October. Digital Phoenix was launched in January 2013.
Each issue focuses on a specific theme. Regular content includes:
• features on the latest developments in the world of HE careers and employability;
• opinion pieces;
• recent careers-related research;
• The Secret Careers Adviser.
Next issue: February 2016 - Employer Engagement
Author(s): Editor: Gemma Green, AGCAS Communications and Engagement Manager; AGCAS Phoenix Editorial Group
Production date: 2015
How to obtain: An archive of digital and pre-digital issues is below (only available to AGCAS members who have registered with this site and signed in). A sample copy is also available below to non-members.
Communities: Yorkshire and Humberside, West Midlands, Wales, Teaching Professions, South West England, South England, South East England, Scotland, Research Staff, Research, Recruiters and Partners, Quality, Qualification, Psychometric Assessment, Postgraduate, North West England, North East England, London, Legal Subjects, Ireland, Internationalisation, ICT, Health and Medical Professions, Heads and Deputies, Graduate Labour Market, Enterprise, Employability, East Midlands, Diversity, Creative Industries, Careers Information, Careers Education, Careers Advice and Guidance, AGCAS
Audiences: Academics, Careers practitioners , Employers
Digital Phoenix downloads: January 2013 - latest version (AGCAS members only)
- Digital archive (Locked)
Pre-digital Phoenix archive downloads: September 2008 - October 2012 (AGCAS members only)
- Phoenix: Working with postgraduates (October 2012 - Issue 137) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Work experience (May 2012 - Issue 136) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Enterprise and Careers (January 2012 - Issue 135) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Widening Participation and Social Mobility (October 2011 - Issue 134) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Worldwide Careers (May 2011 - Issue 133) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Adapt and Survive (January 2011 - Issue 132) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Collaborating with Academics (May 2010 - Issue 130) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Technology in Careers Work (January 2010 - Issue 129) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Working with Employers (May 2009 - Issue 127) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Working with Graduates (September 2010 - Issue 131) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Graduates into Science (September 2009 - Issue 128) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Approaches to Guidance (January 2009 - Issue 126) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Creative Careers (September 2008 - Issue 125) (Locked)
Phoenix themes and issues archive (1977 - present day)
- Phoenix themes and issues (Locked)
Phoenix sample copy downloads (for non-members)
- Phoenix (May 2013 - Issue 139) (6.9 MB)
Phoenix production downloads
- Artwork and advert specifications (119.2 KB)
Advertising with AGCAS downloads
If items are locked please check that you are registered and signed in to ensure that you can see all parts of the site to which you have been given access.
Share this with
Quick Text Search
Search Resources A-Z
Top 20 tags
employer job AGCAS careers fair Sector University fair graduate labour market internships Scotland London work experience international students Careers Adviser graduate employment enterprise graduate recruitment agcas task group international research