Latest issue: February 2016 - Employer Engagement
The February 2016 issue of Phoenix features articles outlining the various ways HE careers and employability services are working with different types of employers. We hear about new and old approaches, the realities of managing student and employer expectations, the impact of employer branding and promotion, social mobility, the evolution of employer events and some of the main drivers behind employer (and university) targeting and selection.
Phoenix is the AGCAS journal, produced three times a year. Publication dates are February, June and October. Phoenix was re-launched as a digital journal in January 2013.
Each issue focuses on a specific theme. Regular content includes:
• features on the latest developments in the world of HE careers and employability;
• opinion pieces;
• recent careers-related research;
• Careers Anonymous.
Next issue: June 2016 (Defining graduate attributes)
Author(s): Editor: Gemma Green, AGCAS Communications and Engagement Manager; AGCAS Phoenix Editorial Group
Production date: 2015
How to obtain: An archive of digital and pre-digital issues is below (only available to AGCAS members who have registered with this site and signed in).
Communities: Yorkshire and Humberside, West Midlands, Wales, Teaching Professions, South West England, South England, South East England, Scotland, Research Staff, Research, Recruiters and Partners, Quality, Qualification, Psychometric Assessment, Postgraduate, North West England, North East England, London, Legal Subjects, Ireland, Internationalisation, ICT, Health and Medical Professions, Heads and Deputies, Graduate Labour Market (GLaM), Enterprise, Employability, East Midlands, Diversity, Creative Industries, Careers Information, Careers Education, Careers Advice and Guidance, AGCAS
Audiences: Academics, Careers practitioners , Employers
Digital Phoenix downloads: January 2013 - latest version (AGCAS members only)
- Digital archive (Locked)
Phoenix article submission downloads
- Phoenix article submission form (73 KB)
Pre-digital Phoenix archive downloads: September 2010 - October 2012 (AGCAS members only)
- Phoenix: Working with postgraduates (October 2012 - Issue 137) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Work experience (May 2012 - Issue 136) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Enterprise and Careers (January 2012 - Issue 135) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Widening Participation and Social Mobility (October 2011 - Issue 134) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Worldwide Careers (May 2011 - Issue 133) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Adapt and Survive (January 2011 - Issue 132) (Locked)
- Phoenix: Working with Graduates (September 2010 - Issue 131) (Locked)
Phoenix themes and issues archive (1977 - present day)
- Phoenix themes and issues (Locked)
Phoenix production downloads
- Artwork and advert specifications (119.2 KB)
Advertising with AGCAS downloads
If items are locked please check that you are registered and signed in to ensure that you can see all parts of the site to which you have been given access.
Share this with
Quick Text Search
Search Resources A-Z
Top 20 tags
employer job AGCAS careers fair Sector University fair graduate labour market internships London Scotland work experience graduate recruitment international students Careers Adviser graduate employment enterprise agcas task group international research