University Researchers and the Job Market
University Researchers and the Job Market is a practical career development resource for research staff. It is intended to offer support and encouragement to researchers who are considering their next career move, either inside or outside of academia.
The publication is available as a complete document or as separate volumes:
• Volume I - The Career Plan (Making Choices; Identifying Skills; Career Direction; Researching Options; Building Academic Networks)
• Volume II - The Effective Job Selection Package (Making Applications; Interviews; Assessment Centres)
• Volume III - The Support (Visiting the University Careers Service; Making the most of Human Resources)
The Sources and Resources section contains a comprehensive list of further information to accompany all three volumes.
Author(s): AGCAS Research Staff Task Group
Other Publishers: AGCAS
Production date: 2009
How to obtain:
The publlication is available to download as a complete document or in separate volumes below.
AGCAS member services wishing to make this publication more widely available to their clients, either in a general resource list or on any dedicated pages for researchers, may upload the PDF documents to their own website provided that:
- the most up-to-date version of the publication is always used;
- no charge is made for access to the information;
- no attempt is made to alter the text or its branding in any
- AGCAS ownership is acknowledged.
Communities: Research Staff
Audiences: Academics, Careers practitioners
University Researchers and the Job Market downloads
- University Researchers and the Job Market - Sources and Resources (213.3 KB)
- University Researchers and the Job Market - The Support (Volume III) (153.9 KB)
- University Researchers and the Job Market - The Effective Job Selection Package (Volume II) (209.7 KB)
- University Researchers and the Job Market - The Career Plan (Volume I) (352 KB)
- University Researchers and the Job Market (full version) (498.6 KB)
If items are locked please check that you are registered and signed in to ensure that you can see all parts of the site to which you have been given access.
Share this with
Quick Text Search
Search Resources A-Z
Top 20 tags
employer job AGCAS employability careers fair Sector University fair graduate labour market Scotland internships international students work experience graduate employment London enterprise agcas task group research skills careers guidance